Air Liquide, which currently owns 55 percent of Japan Air Gases (JAG), recently announced the purchase of the remaining 45 percent held by the Linde Group.

The completion of this transaction is subject to approval by the European competition authorities and the Linde Group will receive 590 million euros.

Benoit Potier, chairman and CEO of Air Liquide, said: $quot;This reinforcement of our position in Japan constitutes a new major strategic step forward for the group in Asia, precisely when the japanese market has returned to growth.$quot;