By Rob Cockerill2015-11-24T15:20:00+00:00
Bomin Linde LNG GmbH & Co. KG and SC Klaipedos Nafta have signed a contract to establish a joint venture (JV), Blue LNG, to implement a new LNG bunker supply vessel project.
Hamburg-based Bomin Linde LNG will hold an 80% share of the company, and the remaining 20% will be at hands of SGD logistika, a fully-owned subsidiary of Klaipedos Nafta.
The aim of the agreement is to build and operate an LNG bunker supply vessel that will be put into operation in 2017.
The deal was signed today by Mahinde Abeynaike, Managing Director of Bomin Linde LNG, and Mantas Bartuska, General Manager of Klaipedos Nafta.
Abeynaike said, “This partnership with Klaipedos Nafta marks a further step on the road of Klaipeda becoming our hub for efficient LNG supply to the Baltic Sea ports and other North Western European locations.”
“In the next step, we will order the LNG Bunker Supply Vessel which will combine state-of-the-art technology, highest safety standards and superior performance.”
gasworld understands that the agreement will mainly fulfil the following functions:
1. Supplying the marine customers of Bomin Linde LNG with LNG as a ship fuel
2. Securing a flexible LNG transport service to the LNG reloading station of Klaipedos Nafta
3. Offering further services regarding LNG – for example, transporting it to small-scale terminals at the Baltic and North Sea.
After the successful completion of a feasibility study conducted by the Hamburg Port Authority and The Linde Group, the Bomin Linde LNG GmbH & Co. KG joint venture is to construct its first LNG terminal in the Western Europe port.
The shipping company Aktien-Gesellschaft EMS (AG EMS) and Bomin Linde LNG have signed the first contract for the delivery of LNG in Germany.
Month on month, the gasworld website is the market-leading news portal for the global industrial gas sector, growing at an unprecedented rate and keeping its readers at the forefront of breaking news, insightful analysis and must-see features across the industry. Launched in 2004 and continually evolving, it is the only independent online news, views and intelligence portal for the global industrial gas community and the larger end-user markets – and home to the ever-increasing range of gasworld platforms.
To find out more about gasworld's advertising opportunities click here.