H2 View magazine is looking for an Editor, an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the global clean energies transition and a stakeholder in the hydrogen energy revolution.
If you’re an experienced journalist or editor with a track record in covering B2B or science, this could be an outstanding opportunity for you to progress your career.
H2 View was established in July 2019, with the aim to be the must-read service for the ever-growing hydrogen economy globally.
The hydrogen economy is the concept of using hydrogen as a low carbon fuel, replacing mankind’s current dependence on fossil fuels. It is proposed as part of the future low-carbon economy and is most visibly represented in the form of mobility, with hydrogen fuel for powering cars, buses, boats and forklifts. Various industries are now also realising the benefits that hydrogen energy or feedstock could bring in decarbonising their operations.
H2 View (www.h2-view.com) is committed to exploring a future where hydrogen is a key solution for the global energy transition. Built around three core pillars of mobility, power and technology, it provides the platform for news, views and analysis throughout the hydrogen energy supply chain and is committed to providing an unparalleled print and digital offering dedicated to exclusive and value-added content.
Based in Truro, Cornwall (UK), H2 View is part of the wider gasworld group, an international media company covering the global industrial gases market.
Our journalism is at the core of our must-read services for the dynamic industrial gases business and now the hydrogen energy value chain too, keeping a growing audience of professionals, distributors, end-users and analysts at the forefront of industry developments.
Based primarily in our Truro office but with a firm remit to travel regularly on business trips to events and client offices, H2 View is looking for an Editor to further its rapid and exciting growth since launch.
This position is a great opportunity for an experienced editor or journalist to take up the challenge in B2B publishing – and be at the forefront of the clean energies transition.
Directly reporting into gasworld group’s Global Managing Editor, you will be responsible for gathering and overseeing content for H2 View and representing the brand with clients and at various events around the world.
The role of the H2 View Editor will involve:
- Planning and managing the content and production of the print magazine
- Regularly uploading content to the H2 View website
- Mandatory travel commitments – at least six significant trips per calendar year (non-negotiable), geared around attendance of flagship events and invaluable client site visits (relationship building)
- Generating must-read, value-added content from own research, writing and sourced comment and contributing to the business’ target to grow its paid-for subscriber base
- Establishing great professional relationships with senior, market-leading business people to report on this dynamic and fast-moving sector
- Establishing and managing relationships with PR contacts/agencies, as well as the Editorial Advisory Board
- Working closely with the publishing and sales teams to maximise the reach – and revenues – of H2 View
Further aspects of the role include:
- Identifying key industry trends and creating an annual editorial calendar for H2 View
- Working to a set style guide issued by the Global Managing Editor
To successfully undertake this role, we are looking for the following skills from candidates:
- Excellent writing and interviewing skills
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- An outgoing personality, as comfortable dealing with CEOs and CFOs as with technology and exploration professionals
- No faint hearts – regular travel away from home is imperative to the role
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable previous experience in the role of magazine editor (preferred) or at senior level, showing an ability to write, commission and process content to deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office, and content management systems (preferred)
A working knowledge of Adobe Suite programmes such as Photoshop and InDesign, and content management systems, would also be preferable, but training can be given if necessary.
You will receive:
- Competitive basic salary, dependent on skills and experience
- Annual salary review
- 23 days annual holiday (plus public holidays)
- Optional company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
gasworld is the leading content and information provider for the global industrial gases industry, a $75bn sub-sector of the chemicals industry focusing on the production, supply and application of the air gases (oxygen, nitrogen, argon), specialty gases, carbon dioxide, helium, hydrogen and LNG.
gasworld broke news of the major carbon dioxide (CO2) shortages in Europe and Mexico in June 2018, and continued to be a reference point for CO2 information and insight for the world’s media as the shortages unfolded.
gasworld publishes two different monthly magazines, annual directories, a global industry news and services website, as well as running multiple global conferences around the world per year and providing a growing, high-value business intelligence service for the industrial gases market.
Launched in July 2019, H2 View is part of the wider gasworld group and has rapidly established itself as the go-to source for hydrogen energy news, views and information. The publication’s first print edition was published in September 2019, followed by its second edition in December 2019. In 2020, the print edition becomes a bi-monthly product with the aspiration to go monthly.
The first event under the H2 View brand will be held in Munich, Germany in April 2020, bringing together key stakeholders in the hydrogen value chain to discuss, debate and network.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Rob Cockerill, Global Managing Editor, at email@example.com.