gasworld is looking for a Producer/Videographer
3, 2, 1, Live!
Based near Truro, and serving both the global industrial gases market and the growing hydrogen economy, we have experienced fast growth in the past five years and are planning for this growth to continue.
As part of the traditional publishing side of the business, the company publishes three different monthly magazines, two annual directories, and a global industry news and services website.
Whether online or in print, we continue to aspire to be the must-read service for the dynamic industrial gases business and keep a growing audience of industry professionals at the forefront of developments.
And as part of this commitment, we continue to break new ground in webinars, virtual events and video content for the gases industry and wider energy sector. All of which is produced from a dedicated studio here in Cornwall, and delivered to a truly engaged audience all around the world.
Our flagship webinars have continued to grow in popularity, quality and revenues since they first went on air in July 2020, with audiences of hundreds tuning in for each show and increasingly eminent speakers from some of the key stakeholders across the industry. An ambitious programme of webinars has been resoundingly delivered in 2021 and we’re already planning for the next step up in that platform for 2022 and beyond!
As a result of our successful and ever-growing broadcast activities, we are looking for a Producer/Videographer with strong filming, editing and video production skills to join our team and primarily lead the delivery of our acclaimed webinars and virtual events.
In addition, there will be expectations to lead/assist with the delivery of a range of pre-recorded video content, video packages (sometimes on location or at our own international events) and post-production requirements.
This is broadcasting – so you will inevitably need to be a calm, productive individual with a knack (and desire) for problem-solving and ensuring that ‘the show must go on’!
A creative self-starter, your main responsibilities will be:
- · Delivery of monthly (at times fortnightly) webinars across the group brands
- · Ownership of webinar delivery from set-up and pre-production through to speaker briefings, live broadcasting (via OBS) and post-production
- · Management of the gasworld TV website (www.gasworld.tv) and webinars scheduling
- · Assist in the delivery of quarterly international virtual events
- · Production of wider video content/packages, whether shot in the studio or out on location
Required skills and roles:
- · Camera skills imperative
- · Understanding and comprehension of composition, light and sound
- · Able to film, edit and produce and manage post-production via Adobe Premiere.
- · Experience in OBS live broadcasting (training can be given), managing scenes, scene content and managing the auto-queue for host
- · Liaise with external international speakers and manage digital visual and audio feeds via NDI
- · Ability to coordinate all elements for live ‘on the day production’
- · Ability to work under pressure, ‘on air’
Are you the right candidate?
Do you enjoy the buzz of live broadcasting and producing up-to-the-minute video content? gasworld is looking for the following from candidates:
- · Qualification or demonstrable background in video/film or related field
- · Strong attention to detail
- · Logical approach to problem solving, in a calm and productive manner
- · Aptitude to quickly learn and become a professional in your field
- · Understanding of Wordpress and CMS systems beneficial
- · Ability to animate in Adobe After Effects beneficial (training can be given)
- · Must have a right to work in the UK
The successful candidate will receive:
- · Competitive basic salary
- · Initial and ongoing training and support
- · 23 days annual holiday (plus 8 public holidays)
· Company pension scheme
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to Rob Cockerill, Global Managing Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.