gasworld is seeking an experienced Web Developer to work alongside our Web Manager to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our websites and ongoing projects.
- · Writing efficient, maintainable, readable code
- · Implementing and building of APIs
- · Creating websites/a website using standard HTML/CSS practices
- · Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe
- · Writing software documentation for old and new projects where needed/applicable
- · Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the website once built
- · Test sites and applications in different browsers and environments
- · Problem-solve
- · Fix bugs in existing projects
- · Test new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases
- · Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages
- · Stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development
- · Carry out code refactoring and optimisation of existing code
- · Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
Are you the right candidate?
- · Desire to create and develop great work
- · Proven experience in web development
- · In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- · An ability to work well alongside the wider team
- · Ability to work towards tight deadlines
- · A willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages
- · Knowledge of WooCommerce is a plus
The successful candidate will receive:
- · Competitive basic salary
- · Initial and ongoing training and support
- · 20 days annual holiday (plus 8 public holidays)
- · Company pension scheme
If possible, please provide us with a link to your portfolio or project you have worked on in the past.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to Martyn Hammond, Publishing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the company
gasworld remains the only truly global media and events provider in the industrial gases sector and is the eyes and ears for the gases business – the focal point for global industrial gas news, views and information. Whether online or in print, we continue to aspire to be the must-read service for the dynamic industrial gases business and keep a growing audience of industrial gas professionals at the forefront of industry developments.
gasworld provides opportunities for a wide range of posts covering an even wider range of skills, from content and journalism to events and business intelligence. We are committed to the development of our employees and provide a great platform to utilise skills in a media environment, as well as potential scope for travel. gasworld also operates an equal opportunity policy and is committed to ensuring our recruitment and staffing policies are inclusive and accessible.