The European Industrial Gases Association (EIGA) will hold its Winter Seminar virtually next year as the Covid-19 pandemic continues.
Usually held at the Le Plaza Hotel in Brussels, Belgium, January 2021’s event was set to have a brand new location, the Radisson Blu in Antwerp, Belgium.
Unfortunately as Covid-19 continues, EIGA has taken the decision to move its event online, but the programme and dates remains the same.
EIGA will hold two days of discussion and debate around Behaviour Safety on 27th and 28th January (2021).
The industrial and medical gases industries have a good safety performance, but incidents and injuries still happen, typically in transport, cylinder handling and with slips, trips and falls.
According to EIGA, behavioural safety is one of the most relevant causes for these injuries, as well as being a contributing factor in rare major accidents.
The EIGA Winter Seminar 2021 will:
- Demonstrate the impact on safety performance
- Explain the psychological aspects, considering the newest knowledge in neuroscience
- Present innovative training methodologies
- Share best practices in behavioural safety management
- Suggest how to promote a safety culture
- Highlight the role of leadership
- Show how behavioural safety can affect emergency response.