Weldship is a company that has continued to carve out and create new market opportunities since its inception in 1946.
As reflected in its name, the company began as a fabricator of barges for the once bustling Hudson River refineries. As demand for that mode of transport waned, Weldship moved into providing tanks for industrial gases and by 1971, was fabricating and servicing trailers, and building its own fleet. In the 1980s Weldship expanded its capabilities to include leasing equipment and other services to the industrial and specialty gas and chemical markets.
In 1990, Bob Arcieri and Bill Angus acquired Weldship from Angus’ grandfather and began developing the company as we know it today. Arcieri and Angus grew the company’s customer base through a series of strategic moves. “In the mid to late 90s,” explains President Bob Arcieri, “we spent a couple years designing and manufacturing a series of ISO containers that allowed us to be able to supply gas storage equipment for international shipments. Then we consolidated the functions of the two operational plants we had, one in Bethlehem, PA (manufacturing) and one in Hellertown, PA (testing), into a single state-of the art facility in Bethlehem. At that time, we also expanded our capabilities in testing beyond hydrostatic to include DOT approved acoustic emission testing and ultrasonic services. This change was particularly beneficial to specialty gas manufacturers and distributors and really helped us to grow our business.”
... to continue reading you must be subscribed