Effective October 1, 2015, or as contracts permit, Air Products have increased product pricing and monthly service charges for merchant customers in North America – involving a range of gases.
The pricing adjustments include increases of:
- Up to 20% for liquid argon and liquid carbon dioxide
- Up to 15% for liquid oxygen, liquid nitrogen, liquid and bulk hydrogen
- Up to 10% for liquid and bulk helium
- Up to 10% for tank monthly service charges
Some price adjustments may be outside of these ranges based on specific situations.
Air Products stated that these pricing adjustments are in response to rising costs, and relayed that the increases will improve the reliability, security, safety, and efficiency of operations.
Air Products in the US - gasworld Business Intelligence
- According to the latest analysis by gasworld business Intelligence, Air Products is the fourth largest industrial gas company in the US, after Praxair, Airgas and Linde.
- The company commissioned two new carbon dioxide liquefaction plants in 2014, with a combined capacity of 650 tpd.
- A new supply scheme ASU – with liquid capabilities – is set to be completed in 2016. This will supply the Big River Steel plant, currently under construction in Osceola, Arkansas.