As gasworld’s Business Intelligence department prepares for the Europe Industrial Gas Conference in May, we take a look at some facts and figures on Europe.
- The total GDP of the nations that constitute the European Union reached $15.85 trillion in 2013.
- The majority of this was generated through the service sector (72.8%), followed by the manufacturing, mining and energy sectors which accounted for around 25% in 2013.
- Industrial production grew by 1% in 2014.
- The average inflation rate of the EU countries came to 0.1% (December 2014).
- Over three trillion kWh of electricity is produced each year in the EU.
- EU countries produce approximately 15 million barrels per day of crude oil.
- This represents 16% of the global production capacity.
- A fresh climate change agreement was decided in October 2014, and outlines a 40% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.