Independent Welding Distributors Cooperative (IWDC) member Lampton Welding Supply (LWS) has announced it has added Wilbanks Welding Supply to its family of companies.
The acquisition of Wilbanks will expand LWS’s position in the Tulsa market.
In a statement, LWS said, “We believe in the strength and service commitment of independent distributors. By joining our teams we will continue to offer quality products and service in the Tulsa market and surrounding areas. We appreciate and value our business relationships and look forward to our continued partnership with our current suppliers.”
Wilbanks has been in operation in the Tulsa market for 34 years, supplying their customers with quality products and service. The company’s location will be closed and directed to any of the three LWS branches in the area.
LWS was officially started on 1st October 1946 by Marcel L Lampton in his garage in Wichita. After two temporary locations, the company built its permanent home in 1952 at 601 N. Washington in Wichita. As the business grew they added more team members and currently have 103 members of staff.
LWS distribute compressed gases, welding equipment and supplies and industrial machines and supplies.
IWDC’s annual convention held from the 23rd-25th May in Las Vegas, was attended by 111 member companies and 97 vendor partners totaling over 550 participants.
Month on month the gasworld website continues to be the primary portal for information, on a global scale, about our industry - be it through the provision of news and features, or information in the expansive company directory section. Launched in 2004, it is the only independent online news provider and information portal for the global industrial gas community and the larger end-user markets. The website also now incorporates news for gasworld US and Specialty Gas Report.
To find out more about gasworld's advertising opportunities click here.