Miller Electric Mfg. Co. has introduced the new SubArc Portable Welding System, a self-contained, ready-to-weld system that can be easily positioned and adapted to meet the needs of the application.
Built to provide exceptional flexibility in submerged arc welding (SAW) applications — including those found in pressure vessel, pipe fabrication, construction, and manufacturing — the SubArc Portable Welding System contains the power source, column and boom on a mobile platform. The result is a compact, turnkey submerged arc welding solution.
Flexibility and mobility
“Because this system is on wheels, this unique product offering provides great flexibility and mobility for customers who need the ability to adapt their positioning equipment to various SAW application requirements,” said Kevin Kari, Market Segment Manager, Sub Arc Solutions Group, Miller Electric Mfg. Co. “This easy-to-adjust system saves time and helps customers maximize the productivity and efficiency benefits of the SAW process.”
The SubArc Portable Welding System packages are turnkey systems that include the following components:
- Portable column and boom
- SubArc Digital power source
- SubArc Interface Digital and Control Cable
- SubArc Wire Drive 400 Digital Low Voltage
- 25 pound capacity flux hopper with valve
- 60 pound wire reel and spool support assembly
- OBT 600 torch for the SubArc 650 Digital system or OBT 1200 torch for both SubArc 1000 Digital systems
- Wire straightener
- Manual cross slides