Sierra Instruments announces its QuadraTherm® 640i and 780i are now available with full device description Foundation Fieldbus digital communication protocol, making them the ideal flow meters for industrial applications, including oil and gas.
Foundation Fieldbus technology is a proven, systemic technology comprised of a bi-directional communications protocol used for:
· Communications among field devices and to the control system
· A Function Block structure for true distributed control
· Device Description (DD) technology for parameterisation and integration of data
· A network hierarchy for subsystem integration
· A well-defined system management structure for reliability and determinism of functional execution
Sierra’s QuadraTherm 640i/780i equipped with Foundation Fieldbus communication interface for use on a Foundation Fieldbus H1 network is designed to provide end users easy access to all relevant data available in their mass flow meter.
Sierra’s full suite of digital communications solutions allows flow meter integration into automation and control systems, providing engineers and systems integrators with a turnkey solution. Sierra’s digital communications solutions include HART, Profibus DP, Modbus RTU, Foundation Fieldbus, and BACnet (DeviceNet pending). Sierra’s goal is to make it as easy as possible for end users to find the information they need to integrate our flow instruments into their digital communications network.