Peak Scientific is taking steps to protect its customers, partners, employees and suppliers following the global outbreak of coronavirus.
The UK company has been closely monitoring and evaluating the situation on a daily basis to observe country-specific requirements for the implementation of the most effective local action plans.
Peak Scientific said it is also creating additional protocols to ensure it continues to promote the health and safety of its customers, partners and employees.
As of 11th March, Peak Scientific had implemented the following protocols:
- Restriction in staff travel to and around affected areas
- Limitations to visits to Peak offices, using telecommunications in place of face-to-face meetings
- Declarations upon arrival to Peak offices that visitors have not been to, or been in close contact with someone who has recently visited, affected regions
- Declaration that customer sites are Covid-free for the safety of our employees and to limit spread of the virus
- Increased employee awareness of measures to help reduce spread of the virus
- Readiness to operate essential global support teams remotely/off-site to minimize transmission risk and ensure business continuity.
“As a global business, our priority remains the continuity of supply and service to all of our customers, no matter where they are located, minimising any impact resulting from the outbreak,” the company said in a statement on its website.
Read more: Coronavirus – what impact so far?
Read more: Coronavirus likely to impact helium markets
At the time of publishing, the UK has 596 confirmed cases of the coronavirus, up from 456 yesterday.