Praxair, Inc. has announced its third generation of five-year Sustainable Development Targets (SD 2020 Targets).
The targets support the company’s long-term strategy, setting out relevant areas and measurable key performance targets that will help drive long-term value creation.
These areas include: Safety, Compliance, Product Stewardship, Energy & Climate Change, Sustainable Productivity and People Development.
- Under Safety, targets include less than three vehicle accidents per million miles driven
- For Compliance, there is a target for 100% compliance training by targeted employees
- Under Product Stewardship there is a target for a 40% revenue contribution from Praxair’s sustainability portfolio
- In terms of Energy & Climate Change, eight million MWh of cumulative energy savings are targeted from 2009-2020
- For Sustainable Productivity, cumulative $500m savings from Sustainable Productivity are targeted
- People Development targets include spending $1.5bn with women, minority, small business and other disadvantaged group-owned enterprises (cumulative).
“At Praxair, sustainable development is ingrained in our culture and supported across our entire business,” said Praxair Chief Sustainability Officer Dr. Riva Krut.
“For 2020, our 24 targets are comprehensive, consistent with our mission of making our planet more productive and are being achieved through continuous performance improvement.”
More information about the company’s SD 2020 Targets can be found in the Sustainable Development section of the Praxair website.