SEMI-GAS® Systems has added a new, customised version of its Centurion™ Three Cylinder Fully Automatic Gas Cabinet to its portfolio of modified gas delivery solutions for outdoor use.
This weather-ready gas cabinet is one of several systems that SEMI-GAS® has developed for customers with either a preference or requirement to install their hazardous gas systems outdoors.
The structural elements within these systems have been adapted to withstand harsh environmental conditions and conform properly to applicable electrical enclosure codes. For example, SEMI-GAS’ latest solution includes all the robust features of its standard 3CE Centurion Gas Cabinet, but has been custom-engineered with additional components for weather-resistant protection and elements to guard against enclosure ingress and temperature variability. These features include:
* An 11 Gauge all-welded 304 stainless steel weather-resistant enclosure, which includes stainless steel door and window latches, hinges and hardware, and an oversized sloped stainless steel roof to facilitate precipitation runoff.
* A NEMA Type 4, 4X and 12 rated controller enclosure, also constructed of 304 stainless steel, side or back mounted on the unit and protected by the oversized roof. Conforming appropriately to NEMA code, this enclosure protects against falling dirt, windblown dust, rain, sleet, snow, splashing water, hose directed water, and exterior ice formation.
* Protected side enclosure penetrations for facility connections, instead of traditional top-mounted access.
* An internal 1300 W touch-safe heater to maintain stable enclosure temperature, which uses natural convection to provide warm air circulation. This is especially important for cold weather locations and for any applications needing to deliver liquefied gases.
* Optional Seismic Certification for installation in seismic risk areas.
“We understand that our customers’ process requirements are unique, and therefore their gas handling systems must be too,” said Jim Murphy, General Manager of Applied Energy Systems. “Building from the engineering innovation inherent in our standard product lines, and leveraging our technical expertise to adapt those systems’ capabilities for specific industry and application demands, we’re able to deliver custom gas delivery solutions to solve complex customer challenges. With these applied solutions – like the custom systems we’ve developed for outdoor installations – customers can enjoy the level of quality and precision that our entire portfolio of products is renowned for, while tapping into our team’s proven ability to tailor those products to meet their distinct requirements or preferences.”