SEMI-GAS® Systems is highlighting two offerings in its premier line of Centurion™ gas cabinets, built to address the stringent safety codes put forth by the Compressed Gas Association (CGA) specific to silane storage and handling.
Its 1CE200 x 1CE Automatic Gas Cabinet and 1CE200 x 1CE200 x 1CE Automatic Gas Cabinet (two cylinder and three cylinder formats, respectively) provide separate, side-by-side enclosures to house multiple silane cylinders and a dedicated purge cylinder. This system arrangement upholds the CGA G-13 mandates around silane cylinder separation to prevent flame impingement from valve sources of adjacent cylinders, and safeguards operators against the threat of immediate or latent ignition.
The CGA G-13 system standards for cylinder separation apply to pure silane and silane mixtures with silane content greater than 1.37%. For applications that use these types and concentrations of gases, the Centurion™ 1CE200 x 1CE and 1CE200 x 1CE200 x 1CE Automatic Gas Cabinets offer:
* Separate enclosures for individual cylinders that meet CGA G-13 requirements for separation by ¼” thick steel plates or enclosures to protect against flame impingement if any valve fails.
* Automatic purging capability with a dedicated purge source to adhere to silane handling requirements.
* Bleed vacuum venturi for continuous purging with an inert gas to prevent atmospheric oxygen from entering the vent lines.
* High flow exhaust ducts and air intake louvers, in addition to an internal exhaust monitor, to ensure the system’s required ventilation is not less than the maximum silane volumetric flowrate multiplied by 300.
* A GigaGuard ™ PLC controller with ergonomically positioned colour touch screen for intuitive operating control of automatic cylinder switchover, system condition monitoring, and more.
* A Class I Division 2 certified Z-purge controller with special design considerations to be ignition and explosion proof.
* High pressure purge supply for leak checking the system at the maximum pressure the components will be exposed to under operating conditions.
* Ultraviolet/Infared (UV/IR) fire detectors in each silane cabinet for added protection against possible flame or fire.
* Bonnet relief vents on each system regulator for allowing silane to escape to an UV/IR detectable location should a hazardous event occur.
“We provide semiconductor customers – and any organisation that must handle silane as part of its processes – with gas cabinet solutions that meet the distinct technical design requirements for silane delivery, while enjoying the same levels of quality, safety and performance for which the entire SEMI-GAS® line is renowned,” said Jim Murphy, General Manager of Applied Energy Systems. “Our goal with every SEMI-GAS® product is to deliver the engineering functionality and administrative capabilities needed to ensure that our customers can handle their hazardous gases with safety, confidence, and complete control. Our Centurion™ Cabinets are helping manufacturers of semiconductors, LEDs, and more to do just that, particularly when it comes to handling such a uniquely characterised gas like silane.”