Students die to helium


Two American students died at the end of last week after crawling inside a large deflated helium balloon.

According to CBC News the bodies of the students were found on Saturday partially inside a deflated helium balloon at the entrance of a condominium complex near Tampa. The 2.4-metre balloon was being used to advertise the complex.

U.S. Compressed Gas Association has warned that inhaling helium is dangerous because it can quickly lead to brain damage and death from lack of oxygen. The county medical examiner said on Sunday the official cause of death will not be released for six weeks, until toxicology results come back.

... to continue reading you must be subscribed

Subscribe Today

Paywall Asset Header Graphic

To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.

Please wait...