Fluid system solutions manufacturer Swagelok has shared the actions it will take to minimise risk and facilitate business continuity during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Ohio-based company has said that it is continuously monitoring developments regarding coronavirus and remains committed to maintain the flow of products and services and mitigating potential business disruption.
“We have rigorous risk mitigation and supply chain programmes that account for some level of unplanned disruption,” Swagelok explains in a press release.
“These plans ensure our ability to continue to service your needs with the quality and attention to detail you come to expect.”
Swagelok has said that’s customers can be assured of the following at this time:
- Swagelok has a dedicated task force which meets daily to monitor the situation, update our procedures and make critical decisions
- All Swagelok plants are currently operational, including its facility in China, and it will continue to follow local guidelines regarding the opening/closures of facilities.
- Swagelok manages raw material – inventory and dual sourcing – through a rigorous programme that mitigates supply disruptions.
- Swagelok is actively monitoring its supply chain and working with suppliers on advance planning should supply become constrained.
- Swagelok continues to monitor and manage all inventory levels taking into account current business and economic conditions.
- Swagelok is managing its outbound supply chain to ensure early identification of issues and are using alternative modes as necessary
- Swagelok is working with authorised sales and service centres to ensure strong local inventory positions and access to critical parts based on customer needs
- Swagelok’s corporate supply chain is doing additional assessment on modelling in case the pandemic is prolonged.
The company has said that the above actions are in addition to the precautionary measures already in place to ensure the health and safety of its associates, customers and community.
Since January Swagelok has limited or suspended business travel, cancelled corporate meetings and investments, increased its corporate hygiene practises, and issued notices on coronavirus symptoms and prevention.
Read more like this – subscribe today
Enjoyed this story? Subscribe to gasworld today and take advantage of even more great insights and exclusives in industrial gases.
Visit www.gasworld.com/subscribe to access all content and choose the right subscription for you.