By Jane Dawson2011-01-18T13:22:00+00:00
Taiyo Nippon Sanso (TNSC) has announced plans to expand its silane business through a new joint venture production site.
The joint venture company between TNSC and the Evonik Degussa Japan, Evonik Monosilane Japan was established in May 2009. It is now set to complete construction on a large silane production plant later this year. The facility is located in Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture, on the premises of Nippon Aerosil and is expected to go on line in April 2011. Current projections estimate annual capacity to sit at 1,000 tons.
In conjunction with this, TNSC has also embarked upon an exclusive sales contract with Evonik Industries, parent company of Evonik Degussa Japan. TNSC plans to export approximately 60% of the resultant silane to China and Taiwan, with the remaining 40% staying in Japan.
Month on month, the gasworld website is the market-leading news portal for the global industrial gas sector, growing at an unprecedented rate and keeping its readers at the forefront of breaking news, insightful analysis and must-see features across the industry. Launched in 2004 and continually evolving, it is the only independent online news, views and intelligence portal for the global industrial gas community and the larger end-user markets – and home to the ever-increasing range of gasworld platforms.
To find out more about gasworld's advertising opportunities click here.