Worthington Industries has announced a price increase on some of its steel and aluminium cylinders, effective on all new ordered shipped on or after 1st September, or as contracts allow.
Announcing the hikes on Monday (2nd August), the Ohio-based company said that prices will advance as follows:
- Steel portable, industrial cutting gas, specialty chemical, and fire extinguisher cylinders, and 100-pound carbon steel tanks will advance 15%.
- Aluminium portable and forklift cylinders will advance 10%.
- Steel forklift cylinders will advance 7%.
- Heating and system tanks will advance 7%.
- Steel refillable and non-refillable cylinders for refrigerant, foam and adhesive products will advance 15%.
The company said that rising costs of raw materials, tight labour market dynamics and general market conditions continue to impact manufacturing costs for the business.