Global engineering and technology company Emerson has opened its brand-new Branson welding and assembly technologies global headquarters in Brookfield, Connecticut.
Announced yesterday (11th Jan), the opening completes Emerson’s $49m investment announced in April 2019 and supports Branson’s plastic joining, ultrasonic metal welding, and ultrasonic cleaning technologies.
“We are proud to support the Brookfield community and American manufacturing with this strategic investment,” said Vernon Murray, President of Welding and Assembly Technologies for Emerson.
“This new facility will help us continue to drive innovation and deliver the solutions our customers need and expect. Our new Brookfield headquarters also offers a more collaborative work environment for engineers and manufacturing leaders to serve our customers.”
Boasting an impressive size of 146,000-square-foot, the facility will offer:
- Advanced additive manufacturing equipment for rapid-response prototyping and production tooling.
- 48,000 square feet of manufacturing space for Computer Numerical Control (CNC) milling machining centres, equipment assembly, and customer application runoffs.
- Collaborative workspaces to facilitate information to develop customer solutions more efficiently.
- Dedicated training workspace for seminars, training classes, technical support services, and other customer needs.
- Energy efficient construction methods including space wattage limitations, energy-saving LED lighting, automated controls for daylight harvesting and recovering heat from manufacturing operations to help warm the facility.
- User-centre design methodology to promote employee health and wellness.